Our ambitions for contant development by 2030.
By 2030, we are looking forward
- To Develop a reference model for the development of human capital.
- To provide the conditions for a true well-being at work.
- Promote an innovative and ongoing social dialogue.
- Develop and maintain the best compensation package, attractive and based on skills and performance.
- Neutrality in greenhouse gas emissions: we will reduce and we will compensate all our greenhouse gas emissions throughout the entire value chain.
- Elimination of all emissions with an impact on the ozone layer of our value chain.
- Neutrality in water consumption: our consumption must not exceed the replacement rate.
- Our production will consume 100% of energy from renewable sources.
- 80% of the waste will be recycled.
- 100% of our main raw materials are eco-labeled.
- Our products will have the highest level in terms of health quality: 0 food safety incidents caused by our products.
- 100% of the consumers of our products will be engaged in a direct dialogue with our company.
- 60% of our product packaging will be recyclable.
By 2030, We will continue to act on the following lines
- Encouraging the development of good practices, professional ethics and standards in the business world.
- Actively participate in improving the business climate in Algeria.
- Provide opportunities for youth by supporting innovative and green entrepreneurship.
- Support the development of national expertise, academic research and knowledge.
- Supporting disadvantaged social groups and local communities in their economic, cultural, and social initiatives.
ISO 22000 – Management System of food safety
Food safety is part of our priorities as it constitutes one of the axes of our quality policy which: “Provides our customers and consumers with products and services that meet legal and regulatory requirements and the requirements of the standards.” Therefore, ensuring food security product protects consumers against all known hazards: microbiological hazards, chemical or physical ones.
In order to provide our consumers with healthy and safe products, procedures, good hygiene and manufacturing practices and protocols have been implemented in order to master the risks and potential dangers. Since 2011, NCA Rouiba has started a project for setting up a new food management system. That is, the outcome of this project could be reached only through high involvement of different corporate structures.
In January 2013, an ISO 22000 certification occurred to lead up the efforts of over two years in order to strengthen our commitments with our customers and our consumers who have got an additional guarantee of quality by choosing our products.
Among the values held by the family and transposed within NCA Rouiba, corporate social responsibility (CSR) is part of our daily lives, making NCA Rouiba among the leading companies with integrated ISO 26000 MENA ( Middle East North Africa).
Due to its commitment to Quality as well as its various certifications, NCA Rouiba has been chosen to represent Algeria as a pilot company, in the RS-MENA project with ISO and IANOR, in order to implement and promote the new ISO 26000 on Social Responsibility and constant Development.
Worldwide project for the promotion of this new norm (published in 2010), the project has been funded by the Swedish organization SIDA (Swedish International Development Agency) and concern eight pilot countries: Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Morocco. ISO 26000 provides guidelines for all types of organizations seeking to assume the responsibility of the impacts of their decisions and activities.Worldwide project for the promotion of this new norm (published in 2010), the project has been funded by the Swedish organization SIDA (Swedish International Development Agency) and concern eight pilot countries: Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Morocco. ISO 26000 provides guidelines for all types of organizations seeking to assume the responsibility of the impacts of their decisions and activities.
Throughout our mission of Corporate Citizenship, we contribute on the preservation of the environment through an approach that aims at saving natural resources, using clean technologies, and using the recycling processes.
Water is the main ingredient in our products. We use it in our plants for the operation of industrial equipment as well as for supplying the network against fires. Therefore, our responsibility toward this resource is very important.
Drilling ensures the water supply of the plant. The supply via the public network covers the drinking water needs of the business. A monthly and regular monitoring of water consumption was introduced in 2002. Additionally, in order to meet the requirements of our industrial equipment, we have been equipped in 2002 by a process of reversed osmosis for the treatment of water.
In 2012, consumption of raw water from both wells was about 451 871 m3 for a production of 86.3 million liters of finished products, 5.2 liter of water / liter juice. This is an usual ratio when using the reverse osmosis technique which is characterized by a maximum output of 75%.
During the year 2013, the consumption of raw water from two wells was 432 670 m3 for a production of 88.3 million liters of finished products, 4.9 liter of water / liter of juice.
In 2014, consumption of raw water from both wells is 423,367 M3 for a production of 104 million liters of finished products, 4.7 liters / liter of juice. Therefore, improving this ratio demonstrates the optimization of operation of reverse osmosis and continuous reduction of our water consumption.
Industrial liquid wastes are collected in an equalization tank with a capacity of 200 m3, commissioned since the second half of 2012. This allows the folding of the pollutant load, before the evacuation via the public sewage network to the treatment plant of Réghaïa.
The monitoring of wastewater quality by external laboratories has shown that the level of pollution parameters is less than the threshold tolerated by the regulations.
Environmental protection is, for over a decade, a major concern of the company. It is marked by improvement in the collection, sorting and recovery of recyclable waste (cardboard, PET, plastic, casks, drums, pallets …).
Recyclable wastes generated by the company are made of cardboard, plastic, bottles and PET pre-forms, metal drums and plastic drums. This waste is collected, sorted and made available to authorized recyclers. We managed to reduce the quantities of waste generated by 29%. This reduction is achieved by the efforts of all staff to reduce waste containers and wrappers, for a better control of the recycling rate.